Kimberlee tagged me for the eight random facts meme. (I am so behind on memes. I know I have missed some tags recently. By the time I get around to writing it up, everyone else has moved on. Not a very good player.)
1. The only card game I know how to play is Euchre. I'm even kind of good at it if I'm not too distracted by small children wanting to 'help' me play.
2. Before I had children I worked with severely impaired students. I learned all kinds of nursing skills. I had to feed kids in their GI tubes, do tracheostomy care, (I even had to replace a trach in an emergency situation). Pretty much anything pertaining to body fluids, I'm a near expert at taking care of.
3. When I was growing up we had this huge wrap around porch made of field stones. Some of my best memories were on that porch, from tea parties with baby dolls to rocking my first born. How I miss that porch.
4. My great, great grandmother was a Chippewa Indian who worked for the wealthy Astor family. She was married at one of the oldest Catholic Churches in Michigan, on Mackinaw Island.
5. I veil at Mass and wear only skirts and dresses. (But most of you knew that.)
6. I love football.
7. I always have about half a dozen books going at once.
8. I can't count to eight.